Sunday, May 1, 2011

Book Review: The Lost Cities, A Drift House Voyage

 
The Lost Cities (A Drift House Voyage) is by far one of the worst books I have read. It had very little flow and made very little sense. I was also very dissapointed in the material. It read like it should be children voyaging through various times in history to solve a puzzle. The best puzzle they solved was getting home. I guess that is good enough but it certainly was not interesting. Their time in various historical periods left you with no greater understanding of the time. It was a hodge-podge of creativity with no meaning, no purpose and no flow.I also found it quite disturbing that a very young child was lost in time and could not return to his family, the character, while mildly interesting was obviously traumatized.  I would not recommend this series to anyone. Especially not to history lovers, like myself.

No comments: