Monday, December 19, 2011

Beyonders, A World With No Heroes by Brandon Mull

Beyonders is a new series by Brandon Mull (of the Fablehaven book series). This is the first book in the series. A World Without Heroes starts off a bit clouded. I could not tell where it was going for the first few chapters and almost put it down. A certain bad vibe for getting my teen to read it. However, it picked up quite nicely after a few chapters and knowing Brandon Mull's other works really held me to the reading to see what he brought forth this time. By the time the main character had fallen into another world and discovered a strange............. oh, I can't tell you that would ruin it! Anyway, by that time, I was snatching every available minute to read. The turn of events were clever and surprising, there is much more to be written in this story. I am intrigued with the series and will be reading every one of them as they come out.

And you should too. I even think my teen will make it through the first few chapters and be hooked.

This would be an appropriate book for kids in grades 3-12
Moderate violence, but nothing graphic. Mild romantic interest between the main characters. VERY mild.

No comments: